Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Braden vs. the Scooter

Saturday evening while at the Sprague's house, Braden had a battle with the scooter. We were sitting outside about dark and the boys were all riding bikes and scooters and all of a sudden I heard a blood curdling scream come from Braden. I had my back to him so I could not see what happened but I hoisted my pregnant self up and got over there as fast as I could. Momma instinct knew it was not a good cry!! Oh and Daddy was sitting facing him and just sat there!! Said it didn't look bad to him!! As I got closer I noticed there was blood.....LOTS of blood!! Needless to say I rushed him in quickly to find something to put on it and start cleaning up all the blood so we could see where it was coming from. Robert, who is an EMT, was right behind me! I was shocked to see these 2 little spots were creating that much blood!! But as we cleaned, the larger of the the 2 looked pretty deep and was questionable as to whether or not it needed a stitch. The Momma's said yes....the Daddy's said no. So we called for another opinion! Kody went and got Phillip (the paramedic that lives across the street) for the final opinion. He agreed w/ the men! Of course!! Anyway, we put ice on it and sat for what seemed like forever!! After it stopped bleeding and he quit squinching his eyebrows the hole was not quite so big.
Braden was very brave! He cried at first, but that didn't last long. He let them check him out and even sat very still for a long period of time while Robert and I held ice on his head. I think Mommy was probably more nervous than he was!!
Needless to say, we were able to avoid an ER visit, but we (once again!) have a nice spot on our head for the first day of school!! Boys will be boys I guess!!

No comments:

Post a Comment