Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Halloween 2010

For 2010 we decided to go with a "Bug" theme for the kids costumes. Kaylee was able to borrow a costume from Rachael Felber (we just added the shirt), Kelsee borrowed hers from Kristal Harmon (we just added the tutu) and I made Braden's. I think I might have spent $20 total on all 3 costumes!! WOO HOO!! Kelsee was only about 6 weeks old, so of course she was not into Halloween much at all...next year should be a lot of fun!
We started our trick or treating off with our traditional pic at the tree.
Our 3 lil bugs!

Kaylee (9) the Ladybug, Braden (8) the spider and Kelsee (6 weeks) the lil bee
And off we went with our friends the Spragues and their nieces. The kids enjoy trick or treating with other kids so we usually pile up a big group and off we go! Another tradition for us is to take a pic at the first house we stop at. This year it was at Lisa Maly's house. She also was kind enough to pose for a pic of Kelsee's first trick or treat!!

Amanda and I had our girls dressed as the same thing! :) So of course we had to get a pic. The one of the 4 of them is blurry, but it was all I got!! Maleah and Adysen were so cute to go with. Reminded me of what we have to come around again with Kelsee. Maleah did not want to go at all and Ady could not get enough! She was all about the candy and DO NOT TOUCH her bucket!!
This year I was able to enjoy both of the kids' Halloween parties only splitting my time between the 2 of them. However, I was party Mom for Braden's class so I ended up spending more time in there. :( But I had a great time with them both.
Living in a small town is great for so many reasons! But one of them is that our younger grades are able to trick or treat to the local businesses during the school day. This was Braden's last year to get to do this. :( At school all the kids all get out in the hall and parade up and down for all to see their costumes. As you can see Kaylee was not real thrilled with this event! Since I was party Mom for Braden's class I planned a lil healthier snack of PB&J sandwiches cut into Halloween shapes and you would have thought I fed them gold! They loved them!! Also I had pre-cut/baked cookies for them to decorate. It was a mess, but his teacher is a great sport for these things and the kids had a blast!
We had a great Halloween this year (despite the fact that Dale's Grandpa has passed away the day before) and really look forward to some very fun times in the future with lil Miss Kelsee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment