Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Eve

If we are home for Christmas, we let the kids open their presents from us Christmas Eve evening. This year was our year to be here so Nana joined us for LOTS of presents. We enjoy buying gifts....especially for our kids. I know we buy them WAY too much, but as long as we enjoy it (and don't have to use credit!!) I am sure we will continue. It is a tradition in our house to take a pic with your "pile" before you open and then when we open we do 1 at a time going youngest to oldest till each one is finished. This makes it important for Mommy to make sure the number of packages are even!
Kaylee's gift request list this year was very small, but that did not make it hard for me to shop for her. One of the main things on Kaylee's list this year was a pair of MissMe jeans and I splurged and got her some and she was SO excited! Dale's mom got them both some books, while they were waiting their turn we caught both of them reading!! Not the best timing, but I LOVE that they have a great love of reading!!!
Braden always has a never ending list....I feel sorry for Santa!! Although he never gets everything on his list, he was still pleased...even with the clothes!
I love the pic of Kelsee and her "pile!" This was pure perfection on Mommy and Daddy's part!! She actually stayed awake through most of these presents, but obviously had no clue what was going on. While Dale and I were shopping at Target, we came across the dog in the picture. I was holding Kelsee and I made the dog start singing and lighting up. Boy did her arms and legs start going 100 miles an hour and she grinned HUGE and laughed!! Of course Daddy said "we have to have that!" When she opened it the reaction wasn't quite the same, but it didn't take her long to renew her excitement for it!! We have had a great time with Kelsee on her first Christmas and SO look forward to next year when she is more into it and is able to rip open her own presents.
We are so blessed with our precious lil family!! I still can't believe we have 3 kids!!! We very much enjoyed being home on Christmas Eve this year to spend the whole day celebrating our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment