Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas with Doe-Doe and Mimi

On Monday before we had to leave :( we exchanged our gifts with my sister and her family and my Mom. And once again the kids all got alot of nice, CUTE stuff! We always have a great time with my sister and her family and always HATE to have to go. We are so blessed to have such wonderful nieces and I enjoy shopping for them about as much as I do my own kids!! When Kaylee was born I was so worried she would not know my family or have a chance to build a relationship with them due to the distance....boy was I wrong!! All 5 of our kids absolutely ADORE each other and have such a deep love...we are SO blessed!!!
Meagan has lost her lil shadow (Kaylee) to Macie lately so she is really enjoying her Kelsee time!! Donnie...what can we say...I think the girls are rubbing off on you!! :) My kids have the best Aunt ever!!!
Kids are getting ready to open their presents. Kelsee slept again through this set too...you can see her asleep in her carrier next to Dale. I love the ones of Macie opening hers from us. Later we found out her and Kaylee told each other what they were getting....we wondered why they didn't seem as excited as we expected! Lil stinkers!!! Kaylee finally got her hamOCK for Lanie (her American Girl doll). Mimi gave all the kids $100 gift card to spend....we are still debating what to use theirs on!!
My sister started a tradition a few years ago...we counted this year and I think it was 6 years ago...she buys the kids a new ornament that is just from her. These pics are of them opening theirs for this year. Kaylee and Bradens are really cute glittery balls and Kelsee's is a ceramic baby bootie....CUTE!! I did not get a pic of hers...:(

After we finished opening gifts we got all our stuff together and then all went out to eat lunch. After that we headed North. :( I am always sad to leave and count down till we get to either go back or they get to come here.
It was a fast and furious 3 days, but we had a great Texas Christmas!! And we even unloaded the car and put most everything away that night when we got home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment