Thursday, November 11, 2010

Just a Quick Update

Things have been ridiculously crazy around here lately so I apologize for the long time between posts! I don't have time right now (heading out to the kids Veterans Day program at school in less than an hour) to post pics, but I have lots to post soon....hopefully!!! But I wanted to get a few things recorded in here before I forget about them!!

All 3 kids had a great time on Halloween. We went with a bug theme this year. Kelsee was a bee, Kaylee was a ladybug and Braden was the spider (I know it is not technically a bug, but it worked!) They were all very cute and I was so proud of myself....between borrowing costume pieces and making some I spent less than $20 on all 3!!! I have lots of great pics of the kids at our annual trip to the pumpkin patch, Halloween parties at school and trick or treating. I promise I will post them later!

We had a very emotional week last week in our house. We lost Dale's Grandpa on Saturday. He was a huge part of Dale's life and he and the kids greatly adored him so even though the immediate grieving process is over, it is not all over. Grandpa was the man that helped mold my husband into the great man he is today and for that I will be eternally thankful to him. Also, my kids have always been very special to him and helped make their trips to Nana's very special. He will be greatly missed by all!

Some news on Miss Kelsee....she is growing like a lil weed!!! We went to the Dr last week and she weighs 12 lbs. 13 oz and was 23 1/2" long!! She is wearing a size 1 diaper and size 0-3 month clothes. She is not going to be in these sizes much longer though!! She is doing great breastfeeding and is starting to sleep longer periods of time too! WOO HOO!! She is getting a lil personality on her and we are LOVING it!! Kelsee loves her brother and sister and when they (well anyone) talks to her she just laughs and coo's right back at you.

Miss Kelsee has found her thumb lately and unfortunately is loving it. We have pulled her thumb out and replaced it with the paci, and she has even spit the paci out and put the thumb back in!! UH OH!!! We are still working on it and even though it is so cute to watch her suck her thumb, hopefully we will be able to break her of this to avoid future issues.

Well, I had better get going for now and go get us ready and feed lil Missy before we need to go to the school. Oh and I have some other VERY exciting news to share with you at a later date!! So check back for more!!

3 comments:

  1. Aww a thumb sucker! Too cute! We tried to get Luke to take a paci too but were unsuccessful! But honestly, it caused no issues with his teeth or mouth formation so don't sweat it if she keeps sucking! Also, tell Dale we are so sorry to hear of his Grandpa's passing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Christi I will tell him. And I hope we are that lucky because I don't think we are going to win this battle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry for your family's loss! Will be praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete