Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Kelsee's First Bottle

From the very beginning of my pregnancy with Kelsee I knew I wanted to try to breastfeed her. I tried with Kaylee and was not successful and did not try at all with Braden, so even though this was baby #3 it was still something new to me. Before she was born I read that having the baby nurse within the first hour of being born would help the whole process be a greater success. So this is something I told the nurses I wanted to do. When we introduced it to Kelsee she was about 20 minutes old and wow she latched on like she had been doing this for years. She has continued to be very successful with nursing and we all could not be happier!
I was a little hesitant to give Kelsee a bottle because nursing was going so well. However, I knew there would come a time when I would need to leave her for more than 3 hours and also with the busy schedule we have there would be times when it would be nice to have a bottle when we are out and about. So planning for the kids fall carnival at school I had Kaylee give her her first bottle on October 14. She sucked that stuff right down and wanted more! I have been pumping in 2 oz bottles (based on advice) and that is just not enough for lil Miss Kelsee!! The 2nd bottle we gave her had 3 oz and it satisfied her a lil more; however, I had to leave her yesterday for a few hours and she took 4 oz!! She has been going back and forth very well, but so far she has only had 4 bottles. I pray that she continues to go back and forth!! I do not plan to give her formula as long as I am continuing to produce plenty for her to eat....which is NOT a problem right now! Anyway, this may have been WAY TOO MUCH INFO for some of you, but it is our life right now. I do still have more pics from the first few days of Kelsee's life....I will get them all posted! I promise!!
Getting her first bottle from Sissy!
I know this post is about her first bottle but I wanted to post this pic of her too....it was taken on her 5 week birthday! She loves her swing!! Kelsee does not take her paci much. She will take it when she is hungry or sometimes when she is sleepy. But when she starts to go to sleep she will spit it out. She is not taking it at all at night so hopefully she won't be too attached!!

No comments:

Post a Comment