Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Our Family Making Memories!

Last night we opened our presents together. (We have Dale's company party tonight and then leave for Texas tomorrow, so the kids lucked out!) We all had a great time! It is well worth all the time and energy we put in when we get to see their excitement over what they get....well Braden's anyway! Kaylee is so nonshalant with everything that she almost gets embarrassed when she opens; therefore, she shows very little emotion. Now Braden on the other hand, is VERY animated with his emotion...good or bad! Dale has had many talks with him already this year about controlling his actions when he opens a present and it is not exactly what he wants, so this year he is going WAY overboard with excitement with EVERY gift! He had to come give each of us a hug with EVERY present he opened!
This is one of her favs....can't you just feel the emotion!!
(and go figure...a $4 trash can!)
Oh we have a smile on the CUTE sign a friend made for me!
And look @ this reaction!! But this is the item Dale and I (and my sis and cousin) waited for 5 hours @ Wal-Mart on Black Friday for so we LOVED his reaction!!
And the famous guitar...but look at the look on Kaylee's face...all she said was "really mom?" And their big present together (Band Hero)...I LOVE that the camera got both of their expressions perfectly! She was excited about this one!

We always love watching the kids open their gifts from us, but also watching their reactions when we open the gifts they bought us. Kaylee got both of us a cute ornament and Braden got Daddy a Superman coffee mug...oh and thanks to Daddy he got me a zebra umbrella too! Dale really surprised me this year! He has always hated my love of shoes and purses and has always refused to buy them for me and this year he bought me BOTH!! I got a pair of black boots and the Coach purse I have been wanting since my birthday! Oh and he gets to pick out his own (because I wasn't going to dare pick it out) new golf bag and a pair of sunglasses!

We had a great time together and look forward to leaving tomorrow for Texas and celebrating this Christmas season with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment