Thursday, July 23, 2009

Trip to Texas





Eric's lil girl Addison



Kaylee, Addi and Macie


We like to take a trip every summer to Texas to spend time with family and not have to be rushed to get back. This year was no different, except our trip was a lil longer than usual and very busy! We had a great time and enjoyed spending lots of great quality time with my sister and her family.
We started the trip with just the kids and I going down and meeting up with my family and then all of us loading up and going to South Texas for a family reunion. As usual, we had a great time staying with my mom's cousin Eddie and Emily and I even let the kids swim in his pond!! They had a blast and the girls even built up the nerve to jump off the high dive! From there we went back and stayed at my sisters for a few days. On Tuesday we drove an hour to my Aunt's house where we spent the evening cooking out with them and letting the kids all enjoy her pool! Then the next day we did our annual Six Flags trip! (which we realized we somehow missed last year!) We all had a great time (except that Dale was not able to be there) and found out just how brave Braden really is! The ShockWave was his FAVORITE ride!!! So glad he does not take after his Daddy (whose favorite ride is the Teacups!!). We spent all day there and were totally exhausted when we got back to Emily's house. We spent the next few days visiting family and getting ready for Mom and Dad's vow renewal ceremony on Saturday. Oh and on Friday ALL the girls went and had our toes and nails done!!
On Saturday my parents renewed their vows for their 40th wedding anniversary. My mom chose a luau theme and all of us kids and grand kids stood up there in support of them. It was a very nice ceremony and lots of their family and friends were able to attend.
On Sunday, Dale and I celebrated our 12th Anniversary by driving home alone. Like I had Emily's girls earlier in the summer, it was now her turn. They stayed until Thursday. They had a great time and even after 2 weeks they were not ready to come home!
Well we had a great trip and I hope you enjoy some of the pics. I will have to post more pics later because Emily took more w/ her camera and we did not want to take 2 to Six Flags so all of those are on hers as well.
I can't believe school is getting ready to start also! When we get back from Disney we will only have about a week until it is time. Being the OCD person I am, we stopped in OKC and bought school supplies yesterday on our way home....AHHH...where has summer gone?!?! Well, I am off to get started getting ready for Disney!! I will share LOTS on that later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment